Monday, May 5, 2008

And the earth shook....

If you felt a small quake yesterday, that was just me falling down in the bathtub at the Chateau Westport. I got a nice gash over my eye, and there is a little discoloration today.

I've become used to the shower we have at home, which is a stall with a door and a nice non-skid floor. I'd forgotten that I need to be much more careful in a shower that is also a regular bathtub. The tub had non-skid strips. but my foot managed to slide right down the space in between two of them.

Joshua and I were down there because it was his turn to go on a trip with me, and there was one final razor clam tide for spring. He may have been the only person in the entire hotel not to hear the thundering boom of me landing on my face in the tub - he was far too engrossed in whatever cartoon he was watching at the time on the TV. He didn't even seem phased by the sight of his naked, bleeding, soaking wet father staggering out of the bathroom with a stunned look on his face.

Good times......good times.

Actually, the rest of the trip was very fun. We climbed the Grays Harbor lighthouse to the very top. We dined at Grayland's finest eatery, the Mutineer. We went swimming not once but twice in the pool at the hotel - before I tried to break my face of course.

And the weather was spectacular, sunny and very little wind. We easily limited out on clams. This trip was very different than the one Corwin and I did just a mere three weeks prior where it snowed on us. That was a brutal trip, with the temperature in the 30's and a wind of at least 30 mph coming straight off the water. It was so cold even the clams went into hiding.

I just want to give a shout-out to my three faithful readers. Thanks, and I love you guys!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

josh said that you and him swam the first day for two whole hours and then the next day was one whole hour, needless to say he loved it and had a great time with his dad. you're awesome and i really appreciate you telling this story instead of admitting that i really hit you cause you were making me cook while you were gone. i just don't know what came over me.........?

love,
e

Anonymous said...

Bathtubs are dangerous.

Delta said...

OUCH!

Michael Hoerler said...

Ouch is right, I have a nice purple mark above and to the side of my eye.

Silent Angel said...

i laughed so hard when i read this again lol. i asked joshua and he said he didn't hear it. that's sad.