Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bring Your Child To Work Day

So today is Bring Your Child To Work day, and I am taking my usual break to post some more of my random thoughts to you, my dedicated readers. Both of you.

Corwin is here with me. Corwin is my oldest son, and is ten now. So far he has discovered the wonderful world of filing a complaint with the IT department because the billing module in our order entry system is being glitchy.

Again.

He's also had a tour of the plant, and as a typical guy the machines seemed to fascinate him the most. Now, as I type away and wait for the billing module to get fixed, he is happily playing on his Nintendo DS Lite.

This is the second time now that I have brought one of my kids in for one of these days - last year it was Vivian. She wound up being bored to tears, which I was actually able to turn into one of those "positive lesson" moments. The lesson was this: stay in school and do well! Otherwise you will wind up with a job like your old man.

But Corwin is a different creature, I think he is just happy to be away from school for a day. Maybe letting him bring his DS was a mistake?

Nah, nobody should have to watch me file complaint tickets and do billing for eight straight hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nothing wrong with missing a day of school to hang with the old man is there? heck i would be willing to miss a day of home to hang out with you at work. arrrrgh, what am i saying!!?? how about you miss work and hang out at home with me instead! yes, that is the better way. hope you guys have a great lunch.

love,
e