Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Freedom!

I feel like I am channeling William Wallace, I am standing on a hill, screaming "Freedom" and waving my fanny at my foes.

OK, not really. That's just the fatigue talking. I need to go to bed early tonight.

Today is the last day of summer freedom for the wonderful, smart, funny, talented Hoerler children. I am hoping they are making the most of it. It's sunny outside, and I can only imagine them running around the yard or walking to the park.

My oldest, Vivian, is starting Junior High tomorrow, and frankly she seems pretty on-edge about it. I have tried to assure her that, despite my own horror stories of my time in Junior High, she should be fine. Besides, it would be almost impossible to have a time as bad as I did. Vivian is far more self-assured than I ever was at that age, I'm not worried about her.

Corwin is going into 5th grade. This may be an interesting year for him, he'll no longer have the shadow of an older sibling in the same school over him. He's a bright kid, and of my three probably reminds me most of myself at that age, except for he is more physically gifted than I ever was.

And our baby, the youngest, Joshua is going into 2nd grade. He's also very bright, charming, and seems to be a buddy to pretty much everyone.

It's always vastly entertaining and educational to watch these three diverse personalities grow and develop. Each has their own style and strengths. I love each and every one of them so much it feels like it hurts sometimes.

Here's to a good school year!

2 comments:

Silent Angel said...

NOOOOOOOO!!! JUNIOR HIGH EVIL!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i will be doomed to be lost and yelled at forever.

Silent Angel said...

okay not really but still NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!